As I was going through my stuff and throwing things out I came across an almost empty bottle of the Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water, I decided to bin the very last bit and continue using Bioderma instead and here’s why.
After months of careful consideration and switching from bottle to bottle I have found that Bioderma is the winner, don’t get me wrong Garnier is the closest thing to Bioderma when looking at all the other micellar waters, it is also the cheapest alternative.
If you do not have the money to spend on Bioderma, I would still highly recommend using Garnier’s version, but I did notice a few differences.
Pros of Garnier;
- Still removes make-up just as well as Bioderma.
- When removing lipstick, micellar water doesn’t taste horrible.
Cons of Garnier;
- Skin doesn’t feel as fresh as it does with Bioderma.
- Use a little too much and it begins to form face-wash-like bubbles on your face.
- When removing eye make-up it does sting slightly (this might be why they released an eye make-up remover along with the micellar water).
Pros of Bioderma;
- Leaves skin feeling clear and fresh.
- Doesn’t sting when removing eye make-up.
- Rarely forms bubbles when using a large amount of the product.
Cons of Bioderma;
- When removing lipstick or other lip products, the solution tastes rather foul.
I would still happily use Garnier if I didn’t have any Bioderma. Both of these solutions are great and do the job, and they both don’t cause breakouts.
Now that Bioderma is available from Escentual I will be trying the other versions and have actually already tried the Bioderma Sebium H2O for Combination/Oily skin as I got it when purchasing all my other bottles in Paris back in March.
Hope this post is useful to many of you, I know it’s taken a while, but I needed to be sure of my decision.
Love you all,