Ok, so it’s about time I started taking responsibility of my student overdraft and by that I mean pay it off as soon as I can.
This does mean that I need to make a few changes, changes that may actually help me in the long run.
- I will have to cut back on the amount of pointless shopping and only buy practical things. This does not mean I am quitting shopping for clothes, hell no. This girl has needs and wardrobe choice is one of them. I will however be cutting back on the amount that I can buy in a month.
- I will stop eating lunches in town, it is unnecessary and the perfect way to throw all my money down the drain in a click.
- I will only buy one magazine per month (unless there is an unmissable free gift).
- I will make use of the gym as much as possible as it will not be money well spent if I never turn up.
And the last and probably most effective one of all…
- I not be going out drinking/clubbing as often, I will try and only go once a month (people’s birthdays can be an exception). Most of my money goes on alcohol, the fast food I buy myself after alcohol or the cab home at the end of the night, night’s out are expensive and if I am really going to manage my money, I am going to have to stop going out as much and make the most of Netflix instead.
If all goes to plan, I could pay off that student overdraft in the next 2 months (just in time for college). This means that I can focus on saving money and more importantly, paying for the LA trip.
I know I can do this with a little will power and I plan on making this happen by focusing on getting healthy, going to the gym and reading as many books as possible!
Books are probably a much better use of my time anyway.
Hope you haven’t fallen asleep while reading my boring plan!